Friday 28 October 2011

YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM

TRAVEL CATCH UPS

The London Tattoo Convention was by far the biggest, most jam packed, hectic tattoo convention I have ever been to. There was a ridiculous amount of amazing artists at this show, not to mention Shige who was in the booth directly across from us, it was almost 10 people deep around him the whole 3 days. The show was so packed I barely even did a complete lap of the booths, the crowds where so tight in some corridors you had to elbow your way through like you were at van halen concert just to get to bathroom. 
the line to get in.
it was the same again on the other side of the building.
we even saw a bus crash
the lads working away 
cupcakes and cookies and gingerbread oh my
I did get my hands on a killer new tattoo machine from Lucky Tattoo Supply that I have now tried, tested and fallen in love with. Jimmy Whitlock, your machines are wonderful, not to mention very, very pretty.
At night time the lower level of the convention was filled with bars, music and less than coherent tattooists and friends. Being an old dock and having very poor lighting, the lower level was reminiscent of a seedy old world basement, with people laughing down corridors and disappearing into the dark.  The was a Sailor Jerry Rum Bar and I'd say that we all made the best of it.
yeah. cats.
alex binnies woodblock prints.
amazing.
polaroids care of miles aka poopy
mick and poopy.
slightly inebriated .
I think the London Tattoo Convention has been my favourite convention so far and Id definitely love to work it one day. Mick even bought me an original Corry Norris painting and managed to hide it from me until my birthday in Vegas.
Kitty xx

0 comments: