Saturday 5 January 2013

EAT DESSERT FIRST


So I love desserts. I have a huge sweet tooth. It's no secret that I could eat a whole block of chocolate or a tub of ice-cream in one sitting. These cravings were one of the first things I looked to satisfy in a healthier way. There are literally trillions of scrumptious healthy sweet options out there that I now love even more than the old dairy and sugar loaded foods I used to.

I said I was going to post some more easy raw recipes, I didn't intend to straight away, but I made these last night and thought why not! So here's another recipe! This is one little sweet treat that I like to whip up and keep in the fridge to nibble on whenever the sweets monster strikes. They are super quick, super easy, super nutritious and SUPER delicious.

COCO CACAO BALLS
raw. vegan.
ingredients 
1/2cup of medjool dates 
1/4cup almonds
1/4cup walnuts
2tbs raw cacao powder
1/4cup shredded coconut (plus extra to roll the balls in at the end)
1tbs chia seeds (black or white)
1-2tbs goji berries 
pinch of orange zest (if you fancy it)
NB you could also add a tbs or 2 of protein powder if you wanted to, just add an extra date to help it hold together if it becomes a bit dry.

method
blitz all the ingredients in a blender/food processor/thermomix until they look like this.
roll into balls squeezing as you roll to help them hold together.
roll balls in the extra shredded coconut.
store in the fridge or freezer if you would like a harder consistency.
And that's it! Easy peasy.
Enjoy!

The recipe yields a little bit more than this but Mick managed to get to them before I had a chance to take this photo. They are so yummy even the most stubborn of eaters (cough, Mick) will love them.
Kitty xx

0 comments: