Tuesday 1 January 2013

SO LONG, FAREWELL, AUF WIEDERSEHEN, GOODNIGHT 2012


Mick and I rang in the new year watching the fireworks from the Swanson Street bridge in the city after a delightful late picnic in the park with friends of ours. We may have brought far too much food that we unnecessarily lugged all the way through the city, and we may have had only a weak stream of light from a park lamp to eat by but it was a lovely quiet way to reflect on the year that was. It was strange to look back and think of how much really happened, I am so proud of my little family and what we have achieved.


Standing on the bridge at midnight, in the mass of people that were unsuccessfully being told to move along, there was almost a tangible energy in the air. It was as if every person looking up at the fireworks was filled with a sense of promise. The promise of a new year, a new start and a clean slate. This is a feeling that I generally don't understand, but this year somehow felt different, I think I got swept up in it under the rumbling sky of cascading lights. At midnight I too felt brand new, like everything from 2012 had washed away leaving nothing but the pristine, untarnished 2013. 


So to the year ahead I say, "Howdy, nice to meet you, I'm going to make you my bitch." 
Kitty xx

0 comments: