Sunday 29 January 2012

PMA. ALL DAY. EVERY DAY.

Whenever something bad happens I always try to take a step back and look at the things in my life that are wonderful.
One of the reasons that I started this blog was to help myself look for the small every day things that make me smile and write about them. I was hoping that by cumulating these happy moments I might be able to keep out of the dark recesses of my mind that I so often find myself in. It's not that I'm a "half empty"kind of person, I just seem to have the unfortunate habit of letting my thoughts become clouded over by the negative things and forget to appreciate the countless parts of my life that are amazing.
So in honour of staying out of my head, here are a few things that have brought me joy over the past 24 hours.


  • My ever delightful boyfriend taking me out for a Japanese dinner and the Kitty Daisy and Lewis side show last night, and they were AWESOME! 
  • Buying the new Kitty Daisy and Lewis double heavyweight edition record.
  • Staying out late and coming home with ringing ears. For those of you who know me I'm actually a nanna hermit who spends most of her time at home hiding from world, so this was a very nice change.
  • Managing to get both myself & Mick out of bed early this morning to hit the Camberwell vintage markets.
  • Scoring an awesome cable knit sweater for $5 and finding a mint record by The Jam, an old British punk band that my papa used to listen to.
  • Coming home and making lemon iced tea because its at lease 100 degrees in our house with it's abysmal evaporative cooling.
  • Actually making the time to blog.

Here's hoping that I can hold onto a positive attitude this week and get back into making regular blog updates.
Fingers crossed.
Kitty xx

0 comments: