Friday 22 July 2011

(VITAMIN) D DAY

if the sound of the garbage truck and the knowledge that the bins werent out hadnt startled me awake this morning i might have missed the splendid sunny melbourne morning. but as it happened, i didnt. after running afew mindless errands with my charming boyfriend and indulging in a romantic boost juice breakfast on the go, i set out on an expedition.
with my trusty satchel laden with provisions, a beatles only soundtrack and a childlike sense of wonder i was determined to soak in as much sunshine as possible.
contents: drink bottle from the musical wicked, glomesh purse, headphones for dreamy beatles tunes, blue ribbon film camera, fuji natura classica film camera (borrowed from kane berry), pens pencil and moleskin diary with extra paper for my inner most thoughts, the book im currently reading books v. cigarettes by george orwell, spectacles for seeing, the last peanut butter lindt ball and my lovely lavender cardigan just in case the weather turns sinister, it is melbourne after all.
upon my strolls today i was looking for the smaller joys in life, i saw one adorable old lady reading on her porch, two sweet hearts enjoying a river side picnic, children crossing the road holding hands, tradesmen singing while they worked and countless people alone with their dogs. i stopped to watch a bee hum about a lavender patch, i spied on a waddling duck across the river, i contemplated the ripples in the river and made shapes out of the clouds.
i am continuously surprised at the difference the sunshine makes to my entire outlook on life. today i breathed a little deeper, i walked a little slower and a felt a little lighter, things that had been troubling me throughout the week seemed to melt away with the sun.

"just living is not enough.
one must have sunshine, freedom,
and a little flower."
hans christian anderson

the guy knew his stuff
kitty xx

4 comments:

Kane Berry. said...

Your day sounded amazingly dreamy! I was extremely jealous but so glad to hear that you got to have sunshine adventure finally :-)

Anonymous said...

Seems like KB(I know who you are-and I know you will see this) and I are the only ones that know about this.But I am putting the word out there.My friend Zara LOVES your blog.So many are missing out on your amazing ability to verse the everyday things that we all take for granted....just stop and smell the roses.Jupi

Marianne Retter said...

Lindt make Peanut Butter Chocolate??????

KITTY DEAREST said...

you betcha!...
and its amazing!...
mick has a client that works for lindt so he always brings in macaroons and chocolate when he gets tattooed.
<3