Monday 14 November 2011

EVERY SECOND MONDAY

For what seems like forever now Mick has been getting his back tattooed almost ever fortnight on a Monday, and today marked one of those Mondays. As much as I love company I have always cherished time to myself, but by myself now includes puppy winston. So this morning whilst Mick was away puppy and I set up office in the back yard and made use of the sporadic sunshine that Melbourne has to offer.
we both worked really hard today.
tiny birds nest i admired for a greater portion of the morning.
 I enjoyed endless cups of tea and left over fruit salad in the dappled sunlight whilst reading, and playing tug-o-war.
it might be sunny but its still chilly.
I have found that my body is in summer mode even amidst the irregular weather, so into the afternoon I decided to make an batch of pomegranate iced tea.
POMEGRANATE ICED TEA
ingredients
8cups of strongly brewed english breakfast tea
2cups pomegranate juice
3limes sliced
1/2cup sugar
method
1.while tea is still hot add and dissolve sugar
2.allow tea to cool slightly & stir in pomegranate juice 
3.add lime slices
4.refrigerate until cold & serve over ice 
5.enjoy!


Im hoping to enjoy this iced tea in tomorrows supposedly 28degree day. fingers crossed.
Kittyxx

2 comments:

Zed Mac said...

Love your puppy sooooooo cute and the new out door setting. I feel I am sitting there with you as you write thanks for the experience i just love it..... Zara

KITTY DEAREST said...

Thanks Zara!
He's the sweetest puppy.
I'm so happy to hear that you like to read about my little life :)
xx