Saturday 5 November 2011

MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY.

Sometimes mick and i sleep in, sometimes we just can't be bothered making a "proper" breakfast. So lately our blender has taken up permanent residence on the kitchen bench and we've been making smoothies for breakfast instead. 
This is my favourite breakfast smoothie, and I find it keeps me full throughout the morning. All the measurements are approximate as I do them by sight but once you've made it once you can change them to suit you. I freeze all our fruit and yogurt to make the smoothie thicker, but you don't have to.

BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE serves 2
ingredients
350ml soy milk
1.5 frozen ripe bananas 
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen vanilla yogurt 
1 cup of dry muesli
1 tsp of honey
method
put the soy in first and then add and blend the other ingredients in batches so the blender doesn't jam.
you can add extra soy milk if the blender struggles too much.
i take my time blending because i like my smoothies super thick. 
his&hers
just make sure you put water in the glasses if your not washing up straight away or you'll be scrubbing them for days.
kitty xx

0 comments: