Monday 14 November 2011

THE GREAT INDOORS

Earlier this week Mick and I got our first outdoor setting, and I couldn't be more excited. I think perhaps I'm turning into a grown up when furniture makes me jump up and down with excitement. I've been hanging to get this setting since we got puppy Winston so we could all hang out together in the back yard in the sunshine under the apple tree.
So to mark the celebration of puppy Winston (and our new outdoor setting) Mick and I had our friends Matt and Jacinta over for a late Sunday lunch in the sunshine. We went to the grocery store super late saturday night for supplies and got up super early Sunday morning to give puppy Winston his first bath so he could be looking his best for his guests. The rest of Sunday morning was spent making sangria, salads, delicious nibbles and looking anxiously at the sky. The sky that was blue yesterday but today was a ominous shade of grey threatening to rain on our parade.
puppys first bath. he smelt like oatmeal.
mid sangria making. ill post the recipe soon.
fruit salad with giant blueberries.
Unfortunately it did rain, a lot, but we moved a bench seat inside and had a makeshift indoor picnic instead whilst the star of the party slept under our feet.
indoor picnic spread.
plum tuckered out.
Sundays are still my favourite day of the week, even if its not in the sunshine.
Kittyxx

0 comments: